Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Words I Hate

I was listening to NPR this afternoon and very nearly vomited all over my iMac. In retrospect, if I had, it might have improved the computer. What was so wretched that would cause me to, well, retch? I heard a newsman repeat a word I hate. Nay, loathe!

Blogosphere.

It is truly terrible and should be stricken from the lexicon. Yes, this is a blog you are reading, but it is hardly a place for such crap as "personal journalism" and "which retard are you" quizzes. This, like the title says, is "an Internet curiosity for pitiful fools."

To counter such a heinous word, I am leaving you with one that I find most pleasing.

Tintinnabulation.

For those who would like to see it used in a sentence, I suggest finding a copy of Edgar Allen Poe's poem "The Bells".


Listening to: NPR
Mood: Indignantly Righteous

No comments: