Monday, April 28, 2008

Words I Hate 2

While at a party tonight celebrating the release of sixteen long-incarcerated victims of their own stupidity, I stumbled across another word that has displeased me many a time--so much so, that when it was uttered tonight I found myself cringing enough to incite a blog!

Chicken Hawk.

Okay, that's really two words. Or perhaps it's hyphenated. I don't really know, nor do I care. It's a gay term (serious implications here). Let's face it, the word(s) are designed to put a cute spin on a very nasty practice. I hereby banish its usage as we will now only be using the correct term:

Pedophile.

I refuse to glamorize old men chasing after the young. It's sick and tawdry and not nearly as charming as "Cougar".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note that the correct definition of a pedophile is one who has sex with prepubescent children.
This label does not apply to an older person who hooks up with a youth who has reached the age of consent.
For you to call the older men who prefer male younger legal companions "sick and nasty" and the women who prefer the same "charming" is sexist.

P.S. I am enjoying your top to bottom saga. Keep up the good work.

Renita Jenkins said...

I am not talking definitions, I'm talking connotations. And who doesn't find sexism funny?

I'm thrilled your are enjoying the strip!